Thursday, September 10, 2009

NWC Pick 'em: Week 2

Well, Wildcat11 didn't start out gangbusters in the D3boards.com week one of the NWC Pick 'em contest. Currently I sit in a 10-way tie for 3rd place so after this week I could either be in 3rd or at the bottom of the barrel. I should have just gone with my gut feeling with the Concordia/Willamette game but that's what I get for giving Willamette the benefit of the doubt. The good news is that Mack had a great week of picks and sits in 2nd. My Border Collie (Maddy) on the other hand is in dead last. That's ok, I think she has a plan on making a comeback.

Wildcat11's Week 2 Picks:

Whitworth over LaVerne: After putting up a fight for one half down in WEST TEXAS, the Rats secondary did a good job guarding the chalklines at Shelton Stadium but forgot to cover many of the Cowboys. However, the Rats get a SCIAC patsy this week to get back that good feeling. Anderson goes wild and Rats pound LaVerne.

PLU over st. Olaf: Again, I'm not going with my gut but I'll take PLU to come out and show something. Yeah, I know St. Olaf cracked Luther 33-13 but Luther is horrible. I have no idea if PLU is going to be better this year but we'll find out in a hurry.

Puget Sound over Pomona Pitzer - UPS could be bad this year and the only reason I don't say horrible is because the Loggers have Kavin Williams back at QB. However Williams has zero returning offensive weapons. Thankfully for the Loggers, Pomona Pitzer is a dog. Could be one of the only wins for UPS this year.

Claremont-Mudd-Scripps over Lewis and Clark - L&C will continue to get better but CMS will still take care of the Pios.

Willamette over Cal Lutheran: Man, this one is tying me in a knot. Cal Lutheran has been a program on the edge of breaking out in the SCIAC and overtaking Oxy and Redlands in the SCIAC. Willamette's offense REALLY struggled but I suspect they will be much better at home. My big issue is if Willamette has an answer at Flanker and that their running QB is being forced to use his arm more than his legs due to his leg injuries piling up. This will will say a lot for Willamette.

Champman over Menlo: The Oaks were tossed a donut by Oxy last week and barely crossed mid-field. Chapman at home controls this one.

West Region Game of the Week:

UW-Eau Claire over St. John's: The Johnnies don't lose very much at home but I think their opening game at UW-River Falls was an eye opener that SJU could be ripe for the picking. I'll take the WIAC team in a suprising road win

D3 Game of the week:

UW-Stevens Point over Central: The Dutch open their home schedule with the #7 UW-Stevens Point. The Dutch pounded the hapless Lakeland College (40-17 win) last week but I think the Pointers are a legit squad this year that could be giving UW-Whitewater a run for their money. I'll take the road squad.

Mack and Maddy's Pick (The Video should say Week 2, my bad)



Mack has: Linfield over HSU (good boy), St. Olaf over PLU, Willamette over Cal Lu, P-P over UPS, Central over Stevens Point, Eau Claire over SJU, Chapman over Menlo, Rats over LaVerne, and CMS over L&C.

Maddy has: HSU over Linfield (bad girl), Lutes over St. Olaf, Cal-Lu over Willamette, Central over Stevens Point, Eau Claire over SJU, Menlo over Chapman, LaVerne over Rats, and CMS over L&C

No comments: