Sunday, October 18, 2009

2009 Alumni vs Junior Varsity Game. Great time had by all.

The 2009 Linfield Alumni vs Junior Varsity game is in the books for another year and the alumni team pulled out a hard fought 14-7 victory over a hard playing JV team. The alumni team had a blast once again and one of the biggest victories of the night was that nobody on either side suffered injury.

What a great day put together by the Linfield football coaching staff and by Alumni Team coordinator and assistant coach, Brandon Hazenberg. The day started with the present Wildcats pasting the Pioneers and the day ended with the past and future of the program fighting it out.

The Alumni team had a great time and we loved the energy of the JV kids and that they didn't back down from us old 'Cats. Most of us wouldn't admit it during the game but we loved it that the young guys didn't put up with any of our crap. It gave us a sense of pride in how hard they played.

For myself, it was good night but I was happy the game was over and that I could go home and put my feet up. Some of the younger players on the alumni team made it down to 3rd street to socialize after the game and one texted me at midnight telling me to get my butt down to 3rd street. I couldn't because I was busy falling asleep on the couch to CBS's 48 hours mysteries. Game highlights are below.



(Big thanks to Seniors Ian Estrada and Aaron Heston for taping the game for the ADvantage)

No comments: