Friday, October 9, 2009

NWC Pick 'em: Week 6

Another week down of NWC picks and another hanging in the back of the pack. I do have company with Maddy, my border collie, as she's pretty much in dead last place. Mack continues to hang with the top of the pack but he's been slowly losing ground and sits tied in 5th place. You can check out the action by registering on D3boards.com and head over to the NWC pick 'em page.

Gustavus Adolphus over PLU: The Lutes have to make a long road trip out to Minnesota for a non-conference title vs the 1-3 Gusties. I know PLU got into the win sprit last week vs L&C but I'll take the home team to defend.

#17 Willamette over Lewis & Clark: Do I even have to explain?

Menlo over UPS: Menlo's defense isn't too bad at all but I'm not sure what the status is over their QB who might have substained a shoulder injury late vs Linfield. I like Menlo going to to UPS and beat a Logger team that has no done a thing on offense this season.

West Region Game of The Week:

#22 Occidental over #24 Redlands: Oxy has 5 wins in a row over Redlands but this might be the Dawgs best shot in a few years to knock off the Tigers. However, I think I'll stick to Oxy and their ability to continually get over on Maynard's boys.

National Game of the Week:

#12 Monmouth over St. Norbert's: Two undefeated teams headed into a huge MWC showdown. The Green Knights of St. Norberts have a impressive win over Wartburg on the year but I'll take the offensive firepower of Monmount to win out.

Mack and Maddy's picks: I wasn't able to shoot video this week as we were slammed with appts during the week so this morning I set up the picks where I put a wheat thin in each hand (Away Team: Left Hand, Home Team: Right Hand) and then had them each do their picks. Sorry this isn't recorded but this how they picked.

Mack: Linfield over Whitworth (Good Boy!), PLU over Gusties, Willamette over L&C, Menlo over UPS, Redlands over Oxy, and St. Norberts over Monmouth (he went to the left hand everytime).

Maddy: Linfield over Whitworth (Good Girl!), Gusties over PLU, L&C over Willamette, Menlo over UPS, Oxy over Redlands, and Monmouth over St. Norberts.

No comments: