Friday, October 7, 2011

NWC Pick 'em Contest: Week 6

Send 'Em Up!
Wildcat11 had a solid week in picking 5 out of 6 games.  I was tripped up by the national game of the week as my refusual to pick a school called "Adrian" came back to haunt me. (You're dead to me Trine, you hear that.  Dead.). That currently puts me at 27 correct out of 35 games and nudges me up to 77.1% on the season.  WC11 currently sits tied for 3rd with one other player but I'm still a whopping 6 picks off the lead and in reality I'm going to have to be near perfect 2nd half of the season  to cover that wide gap.    Let's see if I can go perfect this week with 5 games on the slate (you already know I have Linfield)

Northwest Conference:

Whitworth (1-3) over Pacific Lutheran (2-1) (at Whitworth): Why am I doing this again?  I don't know why I keep putting my faith into the Rats but I keep getting dupped into thinking they're going to play well enough at home to beat a decent team.  The Rats last two home losses have been close and against two teams that are a combined 7-2.  PLU's two wins are against two teams that are 0-8.  I think the Rats are more battled tested and the bye week will have them ready to down PLU.  Of course, they'll lose in the last minutes of the game and I'll just sit there and shake my head for being a big dummy.

Willamette (1-3) over Pacific (0-4) (at Willamette):  Please, Willamette is going to win big here.  Pacific has some good young talent but they're not ready for Prime Time.  If Willamette is able to get out of the fetal position after last Saturday and able to turn in a worthy effort then the Bearcats should roll.

West Region Game of the Week:

Debuque (5-0) over #20 Wartburg (4-1) (at Debuque):  The Spartans of Debuque are on fire to start the season and while Wartburg is a very good program they haven't been overwhelming this season.  I'll take Debuque to keep rolling at home in a tight win.


National Game of the Week:

#11 Montclair State (4-0) over #15 Cortland State (3-1) (at Montclair):  Cortland State already let me down once this year so like George W. Bush said "Fool me once, shame on....shame on you. Fool me....You can't get fooled again."  Exactly!  I'm taking Montclair.

No comments: