Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life's a drag....

photo by: Bill Miller/Allegory Commercial Photography

In the name of charity is the reason why you would see one of my all-time favorite Linfield football players, Ty Matthews (left) dressed up and looking like a normal Linfield cheerleader....ok an ugly Linfield cheerleader. I think what made me feel worse is the guy on the right is who Mrs. 11 and I went through to obtain our mortgage. I will say he did get us a great rate.

Ty is posing for a calendar that will be sold to help support Habitat for Humanity's McMinnville Chapter.

I can't really give Ty too much of a hard time because he was at the helm of the Linfield offense during a great run of Linfield teams and was the pivot for critical Linfield victories.

Like the 2002 Southern Oregon Double Overtime game.



Or the 2001 Menlo game when Linfield was 1-2 and looking down the barrel of 1-3 and talk about if "The Streak" would make it through 2001. That comeback vs Menlo would start a mind bending run of 43 straight regular season victories.



Or the 2003 Wartburg Playoff Game where Ty would lead the offense down the track in the final minute to set up the game winning field goal.



So for these reasons and the fact that Tyler is one of the most respected people I know I'll give him a pass on all the jokes/shots I want to take. One thing I will say is that I think Ty would look better as a blonde.


News-Register: U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi
Link: Allegory Commercial Photography

No comments: