Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A New Wildcat is born!

Grace Mae Carlson
As I've mentioned in the past I try my best to keep this blog focused on our Linfield Wildcats and out of the 11's personal business.  I try to do that because you come here to read about the 'Cats and not about what I had for lunch or why I'm getting so old that I don't understand this "Teach me how to Dougie" dance phenomenon.  But sometimes life interrupts and events happen that Wildcat11 just can't keep off this blog.

Yesterday at 5:22 PM a new (future, I hope) Wildcat was born at Willamette Valley Medical Center.  Baby14, a healthy baby girl, was brought into this word at 9lbs and 4oz and at 21 1/2 inches long.  She has a great head of dark hair and incredible blue eyes.  I'd tell you all the whole story about yesterday but it was the scariest 15 minutes of my life followed by a wave of uncontrollable emotion and joy that came crashing down as our doctor said we have a healthy Baby Girl and a healthy Mrs.11.

The past 24 hours have been just a roller-coaster of so many emotions and feelings.  All that I want to do is just watch her take every breath to make sure she is OK and that she is protected.  I hope that I can calm down a little bit on the eagle eye routine because she is healthy and very happy (she is about 2 feet away right now as Mrs11 and her have some cuddle time). I have started early on the Linfield brainwashing and I swear she was trying to sound out "Willamette Stinks" within the first 12 hours out of the womb.

No fear for those that come here for Linfield Football...we'll get caught up tomorrow with our Whitworth Game Review/Pio Preview and more. But today I needed to let you know that what all those fathers and mothers that have been telling me is 100% accurate and true: Your world is never the same when you have your first child and in just less than 24 hours Mrs. and Mr. 11 will testify to that as well.

Go 'Cats and now lets go win the NWC title outright.  Catdome!!!!!!!!

P.S. The reason why we're calling her Baby14 on the blog is that I wore "11" at Linfield and Mrs.11 wore "44" as a hoops player for the Lady 'Cats.  Since she's one 1/2 of each of us we thought Baby14 would be appropriate. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes just looking at baby 14. I am so happy for both of you. I also feel everything you just said. Love to all of you and God Bless.
PPJ and Mrs. PPJ

d1shima said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Im sure you thought/dreamt of the day your "son" would play Linfield Football but all I can think of now is that Carrie Underwood song "All American Girl". Enjoy being a father, I'm sure you'll be one of the best!

Anonymous said...

Congrats 11...as a dad of a 4 month old girl I know what your going through. You will be proud to know Taylor Fleming came into this world with her dad wearing a catdomealumni.com t-shirt.:-)