Friday, February 2, 2007

ADvantage Catdome (beta)


This could be a good idea or a bad one....let's see how it goes.

Yeah, That's me on the right....with a jersey that is way too tight. Maybe it wasn't such a hot idea to wear number 11 in college because all of the #11 jersey's they have now are not for 30 year old has been's playing in alumni games. See the move where I'm pulling to jersey down for a "slimming effect"? Stay classy #11.

I've shied away from putting anything out there on the d3.com/catdomealumi.com sites that are about "me" but since the idea of this blog is to be more "intimate" I guess I should put myself out there just a tad bit more.

I've found out over the past few years that I'm a video geek and have found said hobby to fit one of my great loves in life (besides Mrs. 11)....Wildcat football. I started up Catdomealumni.com last spring as a host site to post up video clips that some great people have put together over the years. It may not be the slickest site (Christsakes it's a geocities site) but I think it get the job done. In kicking around some ideas this winter to help "enhance" the mothership and I thought that we are living in a blogging world and we should jump the shark with the rest of the media whores and wannabes.

The reason why we're doing this blog is to give various people that are Linfield backers a place to really sound off on their thoughts on our Linfield Wildcats, the NWC, small college football, and just life in general. Some of these contributors may say something’s that I don't like or you don't like but I hope we can bring up some topics without very much filtering.

I wear red and purple blinders and would Jack Bauer somebody if Coach Smith asked me to. I would be hard pressed to say anything bad about Linfield except for I think the weight room sucks to the 10th degree.

This is why I hope others posting on here will voice how they feel...for good and bad. We can just roll with it.

We're going to get this fired up in March to go hand-in-hand with the new videos rolling out on the mothership (catdomealumni.com).

4 comments:

Wildcat 11 said...

Thanks Radams! I was going for any look that would take the focus off my mid-section. I was going to drop the area code on the eye black but representing the "503" just doesn't sound very cool.

Beancounter said...

Good to see you in Ryan Adams!

WC...you should have put the cellphone area code on the eyeblack strip so you can at least sound a bit more modern and represent "the 971". More hip than "the 503". But then again, I am from the era at Linfield when all McMinnville phone numbers started with 472......

Tuxguy said...

WC11, I'll start with ......you are amazing!! This is great stuff, and quite the staff you have, looks like who's who of Linfield.Beancounter, good to see/hear/print from you! All I'll say about the weight room ( since I've only walked by it and look in many times) is you should have seen what we had when I or GHC were in School. I bring up GHC only because I'm so much younger, and from the early 70's to the early 80's, things were about the same. It was amazing to me how good our teams were, and the Quality of the players the Cats got when at the time other Schools had far superior athletic Facilities.

DT48, thanks for the comments on d3, I was having some fun, Maybe I went a little over the top, but that karma thing means nothing to me. I hate the off season...... Wildcat alums,fans,players are the BEST!

Downtown48 said...

Good to hear Tux, I'd hate to find out you're losing sleep over that BS...